Kentucky Science & Technology Corporation (KSTC) (www.kstc.com) is an independent and innovative non-profit and leader in developing and managing creative initiatives in education, entrepreneurship, R & D capacity, and economic competitiveness across Kentucky. KSTC seeks a scientist or engineer to be the full-time Program Manager for the Kentucky Science and Engineering Foundation (KSEF) http:// ksef.kstc.com. KSTC is a statewide organization, headquartered in Lexington, KY.
Position Description: KSEF invests in people and their ideas, promoting innovation, new product development and commercialization of technologies that advance scientific and economic growth in Kentucky. KSEF’s Program Manager identifies trends and directions in the fields of science that will allow Kentucky to develop and/or maintain its presence at the cutting-edge of research and technology development.
To this end, KSEF's Program Manager engages scientists worldwide to solicit their feedback on proposals submitted to our programs. KSEF funds R&D projects both at universities and high-tech small businesses. Management of KSEF programs includes broadcasting of upcoming opportunities, issuing RFPs, accepting applications, managing the review and award processes, promoting the program (through the generation of promotional materials) and reporting to the funding agency. The Program Manager is the primary person in charge of maintaining the KSEF database. KSEF Program Manager works in conjunction with The KSEF Team to organize outreach events.
Skills & Experience
- She/he must hold a Bachelors degree (MS preferred).
- Disciplinary background in a STEM area (STEM: science, technology, engineering, and mathematics).
- Research experience in STEM disciplines.
- Four to five years experience (two to three years after MS) on research projects and data management.
- Proven knowledge of data analysis and data management software is required
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Knowledge of research funding mechanisms and award management.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently with limited supervision
- Able to learn new apps and software independently
- Well organized, with ability to work with multiple, external academic and governmental institutions
Screening for interviews begins immediately.